Without exception, the Church in every people group will have adequate biblical content in their own language.
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all people groups, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” —Matthew 28:19
Above all else, we strive for excellence in everything we do.
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. —2 Timothy 2:15
We believe God will be glorified through a movement of Bible translation in every language that cannot be repressed.
After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every people group, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands. —Revelation 7:9
The unfoldingWord project is committed to these things:
- always open — everything we create is made available under a license that irrevocably grants the entire Church unrestricted freedom. (Acts 4:32)
- biblically faithful — we are committed to clear and accurate communication of God’s Word in every culture.
- quality media — we enable the Church to produce media of the best possible quality that meets their needs.
- accessible — all content is freely available and redistributable in suitable formats.
- Church-centric — we seek to serve the Church in every people group by equipping them for perpetual, self-sufficient translation of biblical content with excellence.
Our “Vision and Strategy” document (revision 4) with current tactical objectives is available here: